CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT MENU
Select 1 main dish,
2 side dishes,
and 1 dessert to complete.
Main Dish- Select 1
1. Create a picture book with at least 10 pages and 6 or more illustrations to introduce the Civil Rights Movement to early readers.
2. Write a play script with at least three scenes and act out events from the Civil Rights Movement
3. In the perspective of a Civil Rights protester, write 5 journal entries detailing the protests and/or boycotts in which you are participating.
Side Dish- Select 2
1. Create a wordle with the transcript of one of Dr. King's speeches. What do the most prominent words tell you about his message?
2. Create a comic strip illustrating/summarizing one important even in the Civil Rights Movement- this can be done online using bitstrips.com or with paper and art supplies
3. Assemble the events of the Civil Rights Movement into a timeline
4. Make a web on www.bubbl.us or on your own that includes the events and important figures of the Civil Rights Movement
Dessert- Select 1
1. Write an acrostic poem centered around the Civil Rights Movement
2. Create a collage or glog (on glogster) including at least 15 photos, graphics, and illustrations that summarize the Civil Rights Movement to you
3. Summarize the Civil Rights Movement in the form of a song, poem, or Q & A